Awards for the Best Film Scores:
Application period will run until August 31st 2018 the latest. The Artistic Board of the Festival will conduct selection of movies for nominations, and the criteria will be determined in relation to the quality and originality of the score and sound. Only films with the production date between January 1st 2017 and July 31st 2018, will be considered for nominations.
Selection criteria will be as follows:
1. Music/Sound from the film has to be produced within January 1st 2017 and July 31st 2018;
2. The sender must fill online entry form, pay the fee of €15 (EUR) and send the link(s) with BOTH the film AND the score to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Selected films must be in accordance with the categories (feature films – 50 minutes and more, short films – 2 min to 49 min, etc.)
4. Eligible servers/links are Vimeo, YouTube or similar. Optionally, WeTransfer or similar download links may be submitted, but Vimeo/YouTube/etc will be considered first.
The Crystal Pine Award for best film scores and sound will be awarded in the following categories:
1. Best Original Score | Feature Film – up to 10 nominations (The winner receives €1000 and the statuette)
2. Best Original Score | Documentary Feature – up to 5 nominations (The winner receives €500 and the statuette)
3. Best Original Score | Short film (live-action, documentary and animated) – up to 10 nominations (The winner receives €500 and the statuette)
1. Best Sound Mixing – up to 5 nominations
2. Best Sound Editing – up to 5 nominations
Special Crystal Pine Award will be awarded besides these categories for the authors who have composed the best music for the world’s best-known movies in the past year – up to 12 nominations.
Lifetime achievement will be awarded the Golden Pine Award.
Robert Townson – American producer and the V-President of Varese Sarabande, the largest film music record label in the world.
Mark Dornford-May – British/South-African director the Golden Bear Award winner at the Berlin Film Festival. Dornfornd-May and his company, including composer Charles Hazlewood, adapted the stage production of Georges Bizet’s opera Carmen to create the film U-Carmen eKhayelitsha with Pauline Malefane in the leading role. The film garnered a number of awards, including the Golden Bear for Best Film.
Michael Minkler – American sound mixer, the three time Oscar® winner with 11 nominations, has worked on Star Wars, JFK, Black Hawk Down, Chicago, Dreamgirls, Beauty and the Beast.
Randy Thom – A double Oscar® winner is one of the Hollywood’s most important and respected sound designers, with even 14 Oscar nominations and two wins. His masterful works include films like Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Forrest Gump, Contact, Cast Away, Harry Potter, The Polar Express, The Incredibles, War of the World, Ratatouille, How to Train Your Dragon, Flight and many more. Mr. Thom is a Director of Sound Design at Skywalker Sound, the biggest and most important sound workshop in the world, which is also a part of George Lucas’ Lucasfilm Company.
Richard King – Sound designer and the winner of three Academy Awards®, responsible for magnificent sound in Interstellar, The Dark Knight Rises, Inception, Thor, The Dark Knight, War of the Worlds, Lemony Snicket’s A Series of Unfortunate Events, Master and Commander and Signs.
Jaco Van Dormael – Belgian award-winning director (Mr. Nobody, The Whole New Testament)
Selma Prodanović – Austrian award-winning entrepreneur, founder of Brainswork and 1MillionStartups, very active in film and music business.
John Patrick Corigliano – American-Italian composer of classical music and a professor of music from Boston.
Ozren K. Glaser – Croatian composer of orchestral music, motion picture scores and theater music. Glaser is also a founder and Artistic Director of the International Sound & Film Music Festival.
DISCLAIMER: ACADEMY AWARDS®, OSCAR® is the registered trademark and service mark of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.
The prizes for Best Original Score can be given either in cash or in a equivalent value of products and services.